I have the lovely Sarah to thank for this award. I know Sarah from church. I met her one wild and crazy women’s retreat evening. After downing a free Shirley Temple, I was prone to saying whatever came into my head. That proved entertaining for the ever-popular game of Catchphrase.
One of my teammates gave the clue: “You wear this to bed.” What else could I blurt out but “HANDCUFFS!” Let the record show that I have NEVER worn a pair of handcuffs other than the Chinese variety. The answer was lingerie, and for some reason none of us ever guessed the correct answer. Anyway, that was Sarah’s introduction to moi.
Back to the award. I don’t know how many real-life awards make you do something both before and after receiving the award, but most blog awards come with rules. I might stray from my rule-following tendencies and break most of them.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about you
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs
4. Let your nominees know about the award!
Thanks Sarah! I really enjoy reading your blog. Your writing style is easy to read, funny, and versatile.
Seven things about me:
1. I swallow watermelon seeds.
2. I prefer to read classical fiction or non-fiction in the form of autobiographies, biographies, or books related to my hobbies.
3. I do not consider myself a collector, but I cannot resist having an abundance of mesh produce bags, pencils, and buttons.
4. When Nathan is out of town and our landlord next door is home, I feel safer than if both men were gone. Although I’m not so sure I want a gun in my own home and I would not want to be around if the gun had to be used, I feel safer knowing there is a licensed gun carrier next door. I’m glad our walls are thin enough for our landlord to hear me yell for help if I needed to.
5. I enjoy shooting guns at cans, hay bales, and clay pigeons. I think it’s fun. I feel powerful. I hope I never need to shoot someone in self defense. The topic of carrying guns has come up enough lately where I’m finding the need to determine my stance on the issue. Hence the two items related to guns.
6. I do not cook or eat the foods I enjoy most.
7. I started running again. I have run a 5K and am now running just for the heck of it. I would like to do another half marathon. I considered doing one this Fall, but whatever. For now, I would just like to run for the purpose of exercise and not because I don’t want my registration fee to go to waste.
I do not know 15 newly discovered blogs. I’ve pretty much stuck with the same ones for the last two years. Sarah already got the award. So, since I’m not nominating anyone I don’t have to tell anyone they won the award.